Thursday 7 June 2012

New Games in my Sights

I thought I would do a quick post about possible new games I would like to get into.  I'm not going to go into much depth but hopefully writing something down will help me consolidate my own opinion.

1) Leviathans

Flying battleships at the turn of the 20th Century, an interesting but simple rules system, pre-painted models.  What is not awesome about that?  After a long wait and many production problems the game is finally being released.  For me this is a pretty much sure buy. http://monstersinthesky.com/

2) Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster

Coming from Studio McVey and Cool or Mini or Not this looks like an amazing new game and an amazing deal on Kickstart.  Sci-Fi horror is not my favourite genre but I do really like the idea of Kickstart and this might be a deal that is too good to pass up.  http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/sedition-wars-battle-for-alabaster


3) SAGA

Beer and pretzels gaming in the Dark Ages.  Not a huge investment and a new period for me.




4)  Malifaux

I really like the card playing mechanic.  Not a huge investment for a small team but apparently the rules are now spread across multiple books.  Also not the hugest fan of the setting or the models.


5) Dust Warfare

A Weird World War 2 setting.  It appears to be a well supported game and some of the walkers are the coolest models I've seen in a while.  Probably not going to get into this though since it looks like a bigger investment and treads on Flames of War and Warhammer 40k territory.



6) Axis and Allies: Angels 20

A simple air combat game.  Nice miniatures and a small investment, with the added bonus of being the right scale to use the aircraft in FoW.




1 comment:

  1. I've been considering Sedition Wars too. I like most of the models and I would like a game I could play with others. A bit of a gateway drug... I'm not sure if the genre will appeal to as many people though. The models look more fun to paint than most board game models.

    ReplyDelete