Sunday 13 January 2013

Panther Company all Painted up.

I painted up a Flames of War Company of 8 Panthers and a Bergepanther.  The models are all  roughly cast (for some reason) Joachim Peipers which I picked up on Ebay.  To try and differentiate the tanks I added some stowage from the PSC Panther kit.

I also made some camo nets out of medical gauze which I haven't glued on yet since I am not sure whether I like it or not.  It dominates the model and covers up large portions of it.  From a practical standpoint it will also prevent the turrets from turning.  The painting was a fairly basic brush on job with a wash of Devlan Mud.  I'm going to have to look through my stuff and see if I have the decals to slap on these kitties.  I'm also contemplating adding some foliage to them as well.  Any comments are of course appreciated.

P.S. What I didn't include in the photos was my new Windsor & Newton Series 7 my sister gave me for Christmas. 






      

1 comment:

  1. The panthers look nice. I really like the rust you did on the tracks. The netting looks a little widely spaced and a bit out of scale. I really like the idea but a slightly tighter weave might look better. I really like the rest of the models. Hopefully my fireflys will get to shoot at them sometime in the future!

    ReplyDelete