Saturday 7 April 2012

Dipping some PSC Germans

A nice place for a dip.

Taking advantage of the sun and some warmer weather. 

So after finishing my Soviet and German PSC infantry around Christmas I had to wait for the weather to warm up before I could get outside and give dipping them a try.  I have never dipped before so hopefully all my work painting doesn't get ruined.  That is why I decided to dip the Germans first since there is only half as many of them.  And of course there was no way I was just going to do one test stand to see if it works....

I brushed the dip (which was Minwax Poly Shade: Antique Walnut Satin) on rather than actually dipping it.  I did try dipping one stand and they looked like baby seals after the Exxon Valdez spill so I quickly daubed it off with a brush.  I am a little worried that the lighter details on the PSC infantry might get covered up by the heavy stain.  If all is good tomorrow I might have a go at dullcoting them (that I will do a test stand first.)  I brushed the dip on the 130 figs in about half an hour.



No comments:

Post a Comment